| Current Toronto Time: 
Canada to welcome 15,000 permanent residents under Canadian Experience Class

Canada’s Minister for Citizenship and Immigration, Chris Alexander, announced steps to speed up the immigration process including the transition to permanent residence under Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

The CEC allows people who meet a minimum language requirement and have at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada to transition to permanent residence. 

These include international student graduates and foreign nationals who are working legally in Canada on a temporary basis.

The CEC is a very popular choice for newcomers. To-date, CIC has welcomed more than 25,000 permanent residents through the program.

 If you have work experience in Canada, either as a temporary foreign worker or through work permit options available to graduates of Canadian post-secondary institutions, you could qualify for permanent resident status in Canada.

There is an immigration category designed for people who fulfil certain requirements.

The Canadian Experience Class recognizes that you may already have the knowledge, skills and experience you need to succeed in Canada. The CEC allows temporary foreign workers and foreign students who meet certain requirements to apply to stay in Canada permanently. The CEC is a unique program as your experience in Canada is a key selection factor when you apply for permanent residence.

To apply for permanent resident status through the CEC, individuals must be temporary foreign workers with at least two years of eligible work experience in Canada or, alternatively, must have graduated from an eligible post-secondary program in Canada with at least one year of eligible work experience after graduation.

In addition, they must also be able to communicate in one of Canada’s two official languages, although the required level of ability in English or French will vary depending on the type of work. For example, the language requirements for managerial and professional occupations are higher than the requirements for applicants who have been working in a technical occupation or in a skilled trade. 

More information about specific language requirements can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca.

Posted: Mar 5, 2014

April 2019

Centennial College

Immigration Peel Canada

© CanadaBound Immigrant 2016