Express Entry has launched a new phase of active immigration recruitment to meet Canada’s economic and labour market needs starting January 1, 2015.
Potential candidates who create their profile on January 1, 2015, can expect the first Invitations to Apply within weeks.
Express Entry will help select skilled immigrants based on their skills and experience. Those with valid job offers or provincial/territorial nominations will be picked first. Details published in the Canada Gazette explain how candidates will be ranked and selected, based on these factors that research shows are linked to success in the Canadian economy. Research shows these criteria will help ensure newcomers participate more fully in Canada’s economy and integrate more quickly into Canadian society.
Chris Alexander, Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister, highlighted that additional information was published on the CIC website to help potential immigrants and employers understand the new system, and to promote Canada as a destination of choice based on a strong economy, low taxes and job opportunities.
Express Entry will result in faster processing and will allow Canada to be more flexible and respond better to its changing labour market needs. A few quick facts:
- Express Entry will manage applications for three federal economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and the Canadian Experience Class.
- Provinces and Territories will be able to use the Express Entry system to select a portion of candidates for their Provincial Nominee Programs.
- The first draw for an invitation to apply is scheduled for the last week of January.
- Once candidates have been selected from the pool they will need to complete the immigration process, which includes health and security checks. Applications will be processed in six months or less.
- Canada is one of the most multicultural countries in the world, with clean and friendly cities, world-class universities, and business and job opportunities.
“With the launch of Express Entry, we will build on our strong and proven record of helping immigrants succeed, and help Canada’s economy thrive,” said Alexander.Posted: Jan 4, 2015