Canadian Malayalee Nurses’ Association (CMNA) was formed in April 2014 as a not-for-profit organization that would act as a platform for Malayalee nurses in Canada to congregate and help one another.
The association aims to:
• Work together in making connections and uniting the vibrant, enthusiastic and innovative Malayalee nurses of Canada under one banner.
• Seek representation in provincial regulatory authorities.
• Actively participate in union affairs.
• Offer a platform for new arrivals from South Asia to make connections that may help them in seeking professional acceptance and opportunities.
• Cultivate a nursing community that can collectively contribute to the needs of the Indian communities of Canada and Kerala.
The group has worked toward achieving many things. The most recent endeavour taken on by CMNA is the commencement of NCLEX-RN and PN preparatory coaching classes.
CMNA is the first cultural organization to develop a curriculum that covers both NCLEX-RN and OSCE at the same time. It is also the first organization to develop a 200-hour intensive coaching course for two months to cover four modules of NCLEX-RN. Students from India will get 20 per cent discount.
For details on classes starting January 5, visit canadianmna.com or call 647-535-5742.
Posted: Jan 4, 2015