Ready to move to Canada? For information about what you can and cannot bring in to the country, what items to declare, what health documents are required, and other related matters, contact Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) or Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) by:
Consider these tips as you prepare for your big move.
What you should DO:
• Make extra photocopies of all essential and important documents.
• Keep copies of the documents in a different place than the originals.
• If possible, get all of your documents translated into English or French before you arrive.
• Buy private health insurance coverage for the time you travel and the initial few months.
• Bring a supply of medications with you to allow time to find a family doctor.
What you should NOT DO:
• Do not pack your documents in a suitcase.
• Do not provide false information or fraudulent documentation or withhold information.